How to Choose a Budget Smartphone?
June 6, 2018 by Thomas bryan
Smartphones have indeed become an extension of yourself, a technologically advanced augmentation that enhances our capabilities. These compact little devices that fit in our palm can do a variety of tasks that would have needed a desk full of gadgets and tools merely ten years ago. The ever-increasing demand and advancement in the design of the microprocessor have significantly reduced the size of these phones while exponentially increasing their processing power. Smartphones are more than just phones; they are our cameras, personal organizers, web browsers and media players. So a good Smartphone with high-end capabilities has almost become a necessity in our everyday life.
Does Costlier Mean Better?
The technology used in mobile phones is continuously being streamlined, and the rate at which the industry is growing is increasing every year. The number of Smartphone users all over the world is set to touch 5 billion by the year 2019. This increase in demand has created an excellent vacuum for cheap phones with higher specifications. Smartphones 2018 is highly versatile, and they are manufactured with various combinations of specifications, design, and price range to satisfy customers of every demographic. Gone are the days when costlier phones were labelled as better, now phones with desirable specifications fall under affordable price ranges. Even big players like Samsung have started introducing budget phones like Galaxy J7 prime which has a 32 GB internal storage with a 3 GB RAM which will not burn a hole in your pocket when compared to many others!
Choosing It Right
Choosing the right android mobile involves knowing your budget and selecting the highest specifications range that budget can get. There are a lot of flagship phones under budget, and the best way to find them is by looking through various options and seeing the one that best suits your need. This sleek and stylish Xiaomi Redmi 5 offers the same specifications as that of the galaxy model mentioned above but for a reduced price!
Points to Remember While Buying Budget Phones
In addition to being easy on our wallets, budget phones also come with additional pros and cons.
- High tech, low price: One of the significant advantages of choosing a budget phone is the apparent tech-upgradation for a reduced price.
- Flexibility to change the phones easily: With budget phones, the customers don’t have to worry about their device being outdated as Android devices are known for being easily replaceable. This puts little pressure on the wallet while choosing from one device to another.
- Allows one to save up money to buy accessories: Being budget conscious while picking a phone also frees up cash for buying quality accessories. Accessories like earphones, battery packs and, customized phone cases can be upgraded by dialing down the Smartphone budget.
- Might have to sacrifice on quality: Budget phones are notorious for being lesser in class. The reduced price comes at the cost of low-quality parts which drag down the overall functionality of the device over time.
- Service: The budget phones are usually difficult to get fixed when broken. They are either expensive to repair or become old and redundant in a short span of time compelling users to buy a newer model.
- Shorter lifespan: Budget phones, while satisfying the specification requirements might fail on accounts like battery life, availability of parts etc.
To Sum It Up
The decision to buy a budget phone largely depends upon the number of cons the customer is willing to overlook. In a time when smartphones have become a necessary part of our lives, it is essential to pick the right one based on proper knowledge about what is required of the phone. With rapid technological advancements making every new device obsolete in a year, it is prudent to base our choice of best budget smartphone 2018 on what we need and how much we can afford.